Chile would like to take all of your money, in exchange you will placed on a bus for a dozen or more hours, get to swim in surreal blue lakes, cling to massive walls of granite, cross unstable suspension bridges over violently rushing rivers, and be assaulted by wind, rain, and hail.
I feel obligated to rave about the jaw-dropping beauty of Patagonia, but if I am being completely honest my overall impression is a strong sense of gratitude that it’s over. I know! I know! I am a spoiled, petulant millennial, incapable of appreciating my privilege of even being able to travel this far corner of the globe let alone embody adequate respect for the nature that created it. So rather than make my case I leave you with a list of logistics, a digital scrapbook of the adventure, and the resolution to explore more domestically.
![]() |
| Santiago |
![]() |
| Santiago at sunset |
![]() |
| One 3hr flight, 2 3hr bus rides, and all that stands between us and the park is a 30 min ferry ride...which we missed |
![]() |
| Paine Grande Campground - Indicative of the number of people at the campgrounds each night |
![]() |
| Valle de Frances |
![]() |
| Lago Nordenskjold - at least 40 km in length |
![]() |
| Infamous Towers of Torres del Paine (pictured in thick fog) |
![]() |
| Salto Grande |









No comments:
Post a Comment